Thursday, August 19, 2010

CAPTAIN Vs RATS

I just wanted to share some thoughts I had in my mind on various incidents and conversations I had, Not intended to single person rather a group which I am also a part. Rat and Captians a paradigm which I heard in my childhood but never appreciated till I am triggered by few....Note a single person could be captain in a minute and Rat in next

A ship which has taken many towards thier destination and has been "next" Home for few for years. RATS and Captain are stakeholders of it.


RATS while thier time in amusing themselves around for Good Food, going here and there based on what tastes better, They dent the ship for fun or make thier way for better things.


Captain (not discussing goodvsBad captain for now take good) has ownership has responsibility to make passenger, who has faith to take his ship and have critical needs tonreach destination and have dependants waiting for them.
He constantly maintains the ship in good conditions patching up any risks seen. He would also think if it were steam engine what could be better options etc.,

For any Mishap or Risk foreseen in future
Rats are the ones which run away FIRST from ship looking for better ship all they need to address is SURIVIVAL/BETTER FOOD

Captian ensure that risk is everted, Ship is brought to noramlcy and is the LAST to go or even ready sink owing the responsibility though might not have caused by HIM.

ARE YOU a RAT or a Captain

RATS, in example above,are animals which are called so as thier physical strength is more than Intelect.But in real life they are HUMANS who are not just for PHYSICAL desires they are supposed to have morals.

This, though,seems to negate our panchathantra story of three fish Bhudhimathi,Kalamathi,Mandamathi and a pond (Who moved your cheese which I feel is thousand years latter merchandised version of it which every one is so gaga about!) but it should be applied to the methodology CAPTAIN should use to deal the situation rather than run away strategy of RAT

I am not saying that we should change ship but change after you ensured it is stable make a difference of RAT vs CAPTAIN in you.

Feel this is also close to Subject-Object Paradigm which goes quite frequently in my mind.

I may be wrong but topic is "wecome for critic"

No comments:

Post a Comment